We’ve used and burned out more grills than we can count with the biggest issue being the burners usually lasting less than a year. Good news is we found Monument Grills. We have been using a Monument Grill for over a year and other than heavy use, it’s works as good as new. And if we have issues, it’s easy to purchase spare parts and they are reasonably priced.
In the video, we show two Monument Gas Grills. Don’t fast forward the video! We have a number of tips, plus our son Joel is a great chef and he shared some of his cooking tips. And as promised in the video, here is Joel’s Steak Marinade.
Joel’s Steak Marinade
- 1 1/2 Cup Seet Red Wine
- 1 1/2 Cup Italian Dressing
- 1 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbls Franks Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbls Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbls Onion Powder
- 1 Tbls Kosher Salt
Stir briskly. Set in refrigerator for 1 hour before use. Marinade steaks 4 hours before grilling.
I mentioned we show two grills in the video. Along with the G22 Tabletop Grill, we also show the Mesa 400. Traveling in June and July, we noticed a number of RVs camping together. These large groups would gather nightly and cookout. Each brought a large residential style grill along to have ample cooking space. We liked the idea and being that we have had great results with the G22 Tabletop Grill, we contacted Monument to try their Mesa 400 4-burner grill.
Below are the features for both grills shown in the video.
Monument G22 | Stainless 2 Burner Tabletop Gas Grill
Stainless steel body for easy cleaning and long-lasting quality. Two main stainless-steel burners with a total of 15,000 BTUs deliver fast and even heat and a great grilling experience. The design of the large front handle, locking lid, and four legs make this grill very portable, and easy to transport or store.
- Burners: Two independently controlled 304 stainless steel burners with 15,000 BTU to deliver powerful heat. Stainless flame tamers ensure even heat delivering great flavors.
- Clear view lid is made of high heat tested, tempered glass that allows you to keep an eye on what you are cooking without letting heat out by opening the lid 200 square inches of the total cooking area offers plenty of grilling space.
- Stainless steel cooking grates designed for even cooking.
- Lightweight and Portable: Small in size, can be put RV storage area, ideal for outdoor cooking, camping, or traveling.
- Versatile: Includes 40-inch hose to connect to 20lb Propane Tank(tank not included).
- Easy to assemble and clean: Start a BBQ experience immediately without spending much time assembling. The removable drip tray and stainless-steel body are easy to clean after a barbecue.
Mesa 400 | 4-Burner Propane Gas Grill
Four burner gas grill upgraded with a viewing window keeps the slick design. High quality stainless classic sturdy design for durability, 4+1 burner design with 690 sq. cooking area plus 60,000 BTU keep the fast and even heat all the time.
- Burners: Four main 304 stainless steel burners and one stainless steel side burner with a total of 60,000 BTUs. Stainless flame tamers ensure even heat delivering great flavors.
- Cooking Space: 690 square inches of the total cooking area. 480 square inches of primary cooking area and 210 square inches of warming rack area.
- Grates: Porcelain cast-iron cooking grates designed for even cooking.
- Construction: 430 stainless steel lid, firebox, door, and side shelves.
- LED Control Knobs for increased visibility at night.
- Electronic ignition system for easy burner starts.
Our thanks to Monument Gas Grills sending us the new G22 Table Top Grill and the Mesa 400 Gas for our review. See the helpful links below for more information about these and other Monument Grills.
SEE OUR COMPLETE LIST OF BLOG TITLES